Today the 130th Annual Meeting of the Watch Tower Society was convened at the Jersey City assembly hall, or “Stanley Theater” as it is otherwise known.
There once was a time when these were run-of-the-mill business meetings to keep Society members updated on organizational progress and administrative matters.
But especially over the past few years these events have morphed into an opportunity for the Governing Body to embrace the limelight by heralding “new light,” or sharing news of big changes or literature releases in front of an audience that is guaranteed to give them the adulation they seemingly crave.
This year has proved to be no different. According to multiple sources, a new website (believed to be “tv.jw.org”) has been announced that will feature “on demand” videos, including morning worship sessions from New York bethel and special Governing Body talks, to be broadcast once per month.
Sources are telling me the website will be available from Monday (6th October) onwards. The following images purportedly show what the studio of the website’s news bulletin will look like…
Other announcements from the annual meeting are said to have included the following…
- New song books are to be released that will be the same color as the “silver sword.” They will feature 15 new songs, some of which have already been leaked. All new songs are to be made available on JW.org until the new songbooks are in circulation.
- Psalm 106:1 will be the new year text.
- More audio bible readings are to be released.
- A pocket version of the “silver sword” revised new world translation has been released.
- A new app “JW Language” will be released on Monday to help Witnesses learn a new language.
- New light: Gog of Magog is no longer considered to be Satan, but a coalition of nations yet to reveal itself.
There was also reportedly an on-stage sing-along by bethelites to demonstrate how some of the new songs are to be sung. All seven Governing Body members are said to have taken to the stage and chimed in on the final verse.
But undoubtedly the most intriguing development concerned the new “on demand” video website, which marks yet another step in the Governing Body’s path to increasing prominence following their 2012 revelation that they alone are the “faithful slave.”
I for one welcome the change, because if there is one thing I can be certain of, it is that the more Witnesses hear these men speak for themselves, the more obvious it will become that they are nothing more than proud, deluded men – far from worthy of the adoration they receive.
I leave you with some wisdom from Anthony Morris III (from the 2012 special convention in Dublin) as a sneak preview of what the new video website may well have in store…